Re: [Roll] WGLC - Working Group Last Call - draft-ietf-roll-trickle-mcast-05

Yusuke DOI <yusuke.doi@toshiba.co.jp> Tue, 17 September 2013 10:58 UTC

Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 19:56:59 +0900
From: Yusuke DOI <yusuke.doi@toshiba.co.jp>
To: consultancy@vanderstok.org
Cc: roll@ietf.org, peter van der Stok <stokcons@xs4all.nl>
Subject: Re: [Roll] WGLC - Working Group Last Call - draft-ietf-roll-trickle-mcast-05

Hi Peter,

Thank you for sharing your scenario and parameters. Could you tell me how did you selected the parameters?
I have following two scenarios... and considering how MPL works on the cases.

Scenario A  (commanding)
1) maybe up to 30 neighbours
2) a few/hour
3) end-to-end 5 seconds, 500ms per hop
4) up to 10 hops
5) not sure
6) many, including multiple threads of Scenario B
7) not sure (80%?)

Scenario B (file transfer)
1) maybe up to 30 neighbors
2) 25 packets / hour
3) no deadline per packet
4) up to 10 hops
5) not sure
6) multiple threads of Scenario B and many other traffics
7) not sure (80%?)

Regards,

Yusuke