Re: [rtcweb] Use cases - recording and voicemail

Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@alum.mit.edu> Fri, 19 August 2011 23:51 UTC

Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 19:52:03 -0400
From: Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@alum.mit.edu>
To: rtcweb@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Use cases - recording and voicemail

Randell,

Many of the issues you are bringing up are things we have been
addressing in the siprec WG. RTCWEB can either reinvent all that, or we
can find some way to reuse that work. At the moment, siprec assumes that
the agent that is initiating the recording is in the signaling path of a
sip call, and that it is capable of establishing another sip session to
the recorder. Those assumptions would seem to be wrong for RTCWEB.

	Thanks,
	Paul