Re: [sacm] Working Group Last Call for draft-ietf-sacm-vuln-scenario

Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars.com> Fri, 26 August 2016 02:26 UTC

From: Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars.com>
To: 'Adam Montville' <adam.w.montville@gmail.com>, sacm@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 19:25:53 -0700
Subject: Re: [sacm] Working Group Last Call for draft-ietf-sacm-vuln-scenario

My memory can easily be faulty on this, nothing like going to a meeting long ago and only partially paying attention.  However I was under the impression that the purpose of this document was to help formulate the solutions that the WG needed to create.  This would include helping to figure out what goes into the IM, what interfaces, and what control are needed.  My impression was not that this was a high level document to describe how to operate a security program.

I have no way to evaluate if it meets the second goal, nor am I sure that it is useful to document that goal as I have zero basis to evaluate that on.  I definitely does not meet what I thought the goal of the document was.  This does not mean that I would be so violently oppose to publishing the document as to file an appeal or anything.

Jim