[SAFE] RE: [tsv-area] BOF request under consideration: SAFE

Black_David@emc.com Mon, 08 October 2007 17:53 UTC

From: Black_David@emc.com
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 12:52:16 -0400
To: magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com, tsv-area@ietf.org, safe@ietf.org
Cc: Black_David@emc.com
Subject: [SAFE] RE: [tsv-area] BOF request under consideration: SAFE

Magnus,

IKE and IKEv2 NAT Traversal for IPsec (also widely deployed, e.g.,
I believe my VPN client is using it to send this message ;-) ...)
are not on the list of related technologies.  This might be an
omission, but I suspect that the (assumed) problem definition
for SAFE may exclude IPsec (e.g., IKE and IKEv2 have a different
security model for which a server like the STUN server may be
problematic).  This should be clarified.

Thanks,
--David
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
black_david@emc.com        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wing-behave-nat-control-stun-u
sage-03.txt