Re: [secdir] review of draft-hollenbeck-rfc4933bis-02

"Polk, William T." <william.polk@nist.gov> Thu, 16 July 2009 15:01 UTC

From: "Polk, William T." <william.polk@nist.gov>
To: Alexey Melnikov <alexey.melnikov@isode.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 11:01:57 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: Nicolas, Williams <Nicolas.Williams@sun.com>, "secdir@ietf.org" <secdir@ietf.org>, "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>, "iesg@ietf.org" <iesg@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [secdir] review of draft-hollenbeck-rfc4933bis-02

Alexey,

I just went back and looked at 4934bis... You were right, there is no
channel bindings problem there.

I missed the fact that client certs are *required*, since the bulk of the
section specified how the client should verify the server identity, but no
such text exists for the client cert.  Probably should correct that
oversight, but there is no systemic problem.

Still mulling over 4930...

Any reason we can't make 4934bis the mandatory to implement transport?

Tim