Re: [secdir] review of draft-hollenbeck-rfc4933bis-02

"Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com> Tue, 07 July 2009 20:46 UTC

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 15:52:03 -0400
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
To: Catherine Meadows <catherine.meadows@nrl.navy.mil>, secdir@ietf.org, iesg@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [secdir] review of draft-hollenbeck-rfc4933bis-02

I made this statement in my response to Sandy:

"I would need more specific information to know if there's something to
be done with this comment. Reliance on security mechanisms provided at
the transport layer has been part of this specification since day one. I
am not aware of any implementation issues."

There was no follow-up, so I remain a little unsure of how to address
the comment.  Similarly, I need a clarification to know if the text
change suggested below is best made in 4933bis.

There's a separate document that addresses EPP transport over TCP.  If
the channel binding issue is primarily an issue with TCP (is it?), I'd
prefer to address it in the TCP mapping document (4934bis).  If it's
more focused on the application-layer exchange of authorization
information I'm OK with making the text change suggested below in
4933bis.  I should note that the same text exists in 4931bis so I'd need
to change it there as well.

So - where is the most appropriate place to add text?

-Scott-