Re: [sidr] WG adoption call for draft-ymbk-rpki-rtr-impl-01.txt

Warren Kumari <warren@kumari.net> Sun, 22 January 2012 22:26 UTC

From: Warren Kumari <warren@kumari.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 17:26:22 -0500
To: "Murphy, Sandra" <Sandra.Murphy@sparta.com>
Cc: "sidr@ietf.org" <sidr@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sidr] WG adoption call for draft-ymbk-rpki-rtr-impl-01.txt

On Jan 20, 2012, at 7:19 PM, Murphy, Sandra wrote:

> The working group has been requested to adopt draft-ymbk-rpki-rtr-impl-01.txt as a working group draft.
>
> The draft is available at http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ymbk-rpki-rtr-impl.
>
> Please respond to the list to say whether you accept this draft as a working group draft and are willing to work on it. Remember that you do not need to accept all content in a draft to adopt, as draft editors are required to reflect the consensus of the working group.

Support adoption.

I think that this is a *really* useful document as it provides evidence of the "running code" bit of rough consensus and running code.

Knowing what / how far along the various implementations are is useful as it provides insight into what parts of the protocols / documentation are well developed and which need more work. Also, the fact that the vendors are supporting it this much means this will actually be deployable, and so (to my mind) makes all the time and effort worthwhile…

Comments:
It is unclear (to me) what exactly was mean by "YES" vs "UNIT TEST" vs "SYS TEST" -- I could make some guesses, but a definition would be nice.