AW: [Sipping] comments on draft-roach-sipping-callcomp-bfcp-00

"Huelsemann, Martin" <Martin.Huelsemann@t-com.net> Fri, 03 November 2006 12:52 UTC

Subject: AW: [Sipping] comments on draft-roach-sipping-callcomp-bfcp-00
x-mimeole: Produced By Microsoft Exchange V6.5
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 13:52:24 +0100
From: "Huelsemann, Martin" <Martin.Huelsemann@t-com.net>
To: sipping@ietf.org
Cc: adam@nostrum.com

Hi,

I have drawn two basic flows for a PSTN interworking, available at
http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/drafts/Roach%20Call%20Completion%20interworking.pdf.
I think they show an interwoking according to Adams proposal, Adam please correct me if I'm wrong.

The interworking itself seems to be feasible to me, but looking at the flow where CCBS is invoked in the PSTN, I share Johns concern that the call completion INVITE (or respectivly the IAM with the call completion indication) has to be routed exactly via that MGC that has the function of the BFCP client and that handles that specific GRUU/GRID instance, and it's not determinstic that this will be the case in the PSTN as far as I know.
It has to be that particular MGC, because only this MGC knows the GRUU/GRID and could interwork it because of the IAM Calling Party Number and CCSS indication.

So at least from a PSTN point of view there would be an advantage if the call completion call could be handled independently from a specific GRUU/GRID, perhaps as a kind of fallback mechanism for an interworking with networks that don't support GRUU.

Regards, Martin