AW: [Sipping] comments on draft-roach-sipping-callcomp-bfcp-00

"Huelsemann, Martin" <Martin.Huelsemann@t-com.net> Thu, 02 November 2006 15:19 UTC

Subject: AW: [Sipping] comments on draft-roach-sipping-callcomp-bfcp-00
x-mimeole: Produced By Microsoft Exchange V6.5
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 16:19:29 +0100
From: "Huelsemann, Martin" <Martin.Huelsemann@t-com.net>
To: jdrosen@cisco.com, sipping@ietf.org

Hi Jonathan, all,

I don't think that there really is a relationship between presence and call completion. Presence is about the general availibility of a certain user, call completion provides the possibility to complete a call to a certain destination you've got a busy error response from. Because of this busy indication it is clear that someone in principle can be reached at that destination, and with call completion this will be acheived as soon as the destination user hangs up the receiver, of course depending on your position in the queue. Perhaps there will be another person at the phone then you wanted to talk to, but at least you will get an answer.

I don't understand the problem with the notification and the race condition. I thought there would be a seperate BFCP session for each outstanding call completion request. And so the BFCP server at the callee could grant the floor for the user at the top of the queue independently from the other requests. Did I misunderstand this?

Regards, Martin