Re: [stir] Call Forward/Follow-me

Hadriel Kaplan <hadriel.kaplan@oracle.com> Fri, 07 June 2013 20:10 UTC

From: Hadriel Kaplan <hadriel.kaplan@oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 16:10:13 -0400
To: Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@alum.mit.edu>
Cc: stir@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [stir] Call Forward/Follow-me

I'm getting confused by this thread.
History-Info (or Diversion) is only useful to know the original *called* destination party, not *calling* source party.

I.e., if the To-username gets changed by the PBX, Hist-info might tell you what it used to be... if the req-uri matched the To, and the PBX does Hist-Info, and all downstream devices pass it on, and if the final UAS could decipher which Hist-info to look at, and if the stars aligned.

But if the From username got changed nothing will tell you what it used to be.  I think Brian was arguing the From should be changed by the PBX to be the new source of the new call, namely the PBX's main number or the To-number being forwarded from - because otherwise it's spoofing the From for this "new" call - but I don't think it should change the From because I contend it's not spoofing, but just routing the same call as a B2BUA.

-hadriel