Re: [tcpm] informal poll about initial cwnd

"Scheffenegger, Richard" <rs@netapp.com> Thu, 06 January 2011 22:12 UTC

Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 22:13:32 -0000
From: "Scheffenegger, Richard" <rs@netapp.com>
To: John Heffner <johnwheffner@gmail.com>, mallman@icir.org
Cc: tcpm@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [tcpm] informal poll about initial cwnd

Certain implementors have already choosen, if the points in Dave's presentation are adopted to main linux, for all I know.

For the record, given the simplicity I would prefer (A) for low-end / "closed" environment applications, and (C) for high-volume + public deployments (ie. Home users/corporate intranets could do with a single updated IW; operators who could have an impact on a larger (global) scale to the public internet, should go with (C) - adding some accountability, basically).

Regards,
   Richard