Re: [Tools-discuss] [Manycouches] Fwd: Next steps: chat service trials

Alexandre Petrescu <alexandre.petrescu@gmail.com> Tue, 15 December 2020 15:27 UTC

To: Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com>, tools-discuss <tools-discuss@ietf.org>
From: Alexandre Petrescu <alexandre.petrescu@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 16:27:21 +0100
Subject: Re: [Tools-discuss] [Manycouches] Fwd: Next steps: chat service trials

Le 15/12/2020 à 16:05, Robert Sparks a écrit :
[...]
>>> For convenience:
>>>
>>> https://zulip-trial1.ietf.org, https://matrix-trial1.ietf.org and
>>> https://xmpp-trial1.ietf.org
>>
>> I try to connect to the zulip URL but it does not accept my existing
>> IETF datatracker|mailarchive password.  However, it offers a
>> possibility to create a new account ("S'inscrire"). Should I create a
>> new account for zulip?
 >>
> Yes. None of the trial services currently attempt to reuse the
> datatracker credentials.

Thanks.  I registered on Zulip and performed the email confirmation and
connected to zulip.  All that was on my computer that is only on IPv6
(IPv4 is disabled on the iface).  It is probably the first time I can do
such a smooth registration on an IPv6-only computer.

I will see for further testing.

Alex