[rbridge] Updated charter

michsmit at cisco.com (Michael Smith) Sat, 29 January 2005 09:08 UTC

From: "michsmit at cisco.com"
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 09:08:30 +0000
Subject: [rbridge] Updated charter

Today, this is addressed in bridges using features such as 802.1X and
Cisco's Dynamic ARP Inspection.  Sending the ARP reponses to all hosts
claiming a particular IP address (in other words, replicating the "bad"
traffic) looks to open a wide possibility of DDoS attacks to both the hosts
involved and especially the rbridges performing the replication.  IMHO, this
is functionality much better performed within the ingress rbridge rather
than the egress host.

Michael