Re: [urn] Of RFC3187bis, RFC3188bis and namespace registrations in general

Andy Newton <andy@hxr.us> Wed, 21 December 2011 14:30 UTC

From: Andy Newton <andy@hxr.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 09:28:48 -0500
To: Juha Hakala <juha.hakala@helsinki.fi>
Cc: "urn@ietf.org" <urn@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [urn] Of RFC3187bis, RFC3188bis and namespace registrations in general

Juha (and the WG),

One of the problems I see with these discussions is that these threads intertwine noted issues with the documents and larger architectural or philosophical issues. That can get confusing.

I would like to ask you, as a document editor, and the working group if we should use the issue tracker for dealing with document issues so that they do not get lost in the larger debates. Comments?

As for the larger issues, we can discuss them and after there is consensus on how to move forward with addressing those issues will be able to knock them out through documents.

What say you?

-andy