Re: [Asrg] What are the IPs that sends mail for a domain?

Franck Martin <franck@avonsys.com> Wed, 17 June 2009 05:27 UTC

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 17:27:52 +1200
From: Franck Martin <franck@avonsys.com>
To: asrg@irtf.org
Subject: Re: [Asrg] What are the IPs that sends mail for a domain?

Sure, it is the the be strict in what you send, lenient in what you receive.

If we don't specify some RFC/BCP to specify how SMTP over IPv6 should be negotiated, then no one will follow.

We could say something like all emails on IPv6 must have a DKIM signature, have RDNS helo, etc... as there is not much of an implementation with IPv6, there is a chance for these practices to be adopted from day one...