[dnsext] list-meta: moderation (was: Fwd: djb on NXDOMAIN/NODATA for non-terminals)

Andrew Sullivan <ajs@shinkuro.com> Tue, 29 March 2011 08:54 UTC

Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 04:56:00 -0400
From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs@shinkuro.com>
To: dnsext@ietf.org
Subject: [dnsext] list-meta: moderation (was: Fwd: djb on NXDOMAIN/NODATA for non-terminals)

This is a meta notice about list moderation, for the record.  I
normally wouldn't bother, but I want to make sure that nobody is under
the mistaken impression that we are suppressing legitimate comment.

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 03:23:49PM -0700, Colm MacCárthaigh wrote:
> Forwarding due to relevancy ...

> sent it to the list, sent it again to the "moderator", and sent it once
> again to the list.

I do have, still in my INBOX in fact, a message from Dr Bernstein
about his message not getting posted.  I also have my response, saying
"please send me the message if you're unable to get it posted", along
with a lot of detail of what the mailing list software is, where it is
located and by whom it is operated, what I found when I tried to find
his message, and so on.  I called attention specifically to the fact
that namedroppers was no longer the WG's mailing list and that mail to
the old address seemed to drop from the face of the earth.  I asked
him whether he had mail logs that showed his message was in fact
accepted for delivery, because I was unable to find his message
anywhere.

What I do not have is the original message that Dr Bernstein refers to
in his comments.  As far as I can tell, I never received that.

Now, it would not completely surprise me to learn that I had somehow
managed to delete not once, but three times, the same text that came
to me via three different channels.  But I would be at least mildly
surprised.

If Dr Bernstein has further difficulties, I invite him (again) to
contact me, Olafur, or both of us.  We are the moderators (or, I
guess, "moderators") of the list.  The address for the current chairs
(whoever they may be, as long as there's a WG) is
dnsext-chairs@tools.ietf.org.

If Dr Bernstein believes he was ill treated by me (I take full
responsibility -- Olafur was not involved in the conversation to my
knowledge), I regret it, and would like to know what he wishes I would
do to make this less difficult for him.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@shinkuro.com