[DNSOP] Alternative Special-Use TLD problem statement draft

Ted Lemon <Ted.Lemon@nominum.com> Tue, 05 April 2016 19:35 UTC

From: Ted Lemon <Ted.Lemon@nominum.com>
To: "dnsop@ietf.org" <dnsop@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2016 19:35:19 +0000
x-originating-ip: [31.133.178.155]
Subject: [DNSOP] Alternative Special-Use TLD problem statement draft

I wrote about six pages of comments on the recently-submitted special-use TLD problem statement document.   However, ultimately I concluded that it would be easier to just write what I thought the problem statement should look like rather than try to suggest (and then no doubt discuss one by one) a large set of changes that I think it needs.

So this weekend I spent quite a bit of time talking to various people who I knew would have insight into the question, and the result is the draft I just submitted.  Ralph Droms was instrumental in inspiring me to write the document, and helped me out by doing an initial review.

I've included the submission announcement below.   I realize that this is a woefully late submission for discussion at IETF 95, since I mostly wrote it yesterday, _at_ IETF 95.   However, I think it may serve as a better starting point for the discussion than the current problem statement draft, so if you have time to read it, I would genuinely appreciate it if you could give it a look.

Thanks!