Re: The RFC Acknowledgement

Eric Burger <eburger-l@standardstrack.com> Sat, 09 February 2013 12:13 UTC

Subject: Re: The RFC Acknowledgement
From: Eric Burger <eburger-l@standardstrack.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 07:13:05 -0500
To: Abdussalam Baryun <abdussalambaryun@gmail.com>
Cc: ietf <ietf@ietf.org>

Abduussalam -
You probably have seen many responses to your message talking about who goes into the Acknowledgements section. However, I am not sure your original question was answered.

In short, it is the document editor that puts the acknowledgments section in. In most cases it will be obvious who gets listed there. That is the substance of the other messages on this thread.  In rare cases a work group chair may get involved.

As you are new, if you are a document editor, you can always ask your work group chair for guidance. Conversely, if you feel you should be in an acknowledgements section for your contributions, feel free to talk with the document editor (first) and work group chair (second)
- Eric