Re: [Manycouches] IETF Slack workspace

John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com> Sun, 12 July 2020 15:28 UTC

Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 11:27:54 -0400
From: John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>
To: Richard Barnes <rlb@ipv.sx>
cc: Brian Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com>, Erik Kline <ek.ietf@gmail.com>, IETF discussion list <ietf@ietf.org>, manycouches@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Manycouches] IETF Slack workspace
References: <3064c634-3958-f5e3-26c2-cdd148a86605@tenghardt.net> <CAMGpriUJm-Wx48bAO4LNgFzvrBO0ksQ60_Qs6iz8YL7RfzGrLw@mail.gmail.com> <aa7ee087-7314-26db-6184-2443def3cb4b@tenghardt.net> <20200711060823.GX3100@localhost> <CANMZLAY8wtq1cVtHPPAwyCvygiO2rEc9yPNotD+bdvHtZa1tTQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAL02cgStMc7tVGL7iaP0m0gSe+TCj1dmRH5g2v-9w3vJTdXOaw@mail.gmail.c om> <324784EC430BD61F3658E359@PSB> <CAL02cgRV6WK_ffNtqqG6KocYc5J0CX9WxUhkPC3-QvfoGgG1aA@mail.gmail.com>

Richard,

Keep an eye on BCP 78 and well as BCP 79, but while the devil is
always in the details, your note (and the PR on github) seem to
me to be consistent with exactly the sort of thinking for which
I was arguing.  Wrt the PR, you should think about the Note Well
statement and whether it is useful (I have not thought about it
enough to have an opinion: the overlap with your bullet points
seems obvious but that does not mean it would be the right thing
to do).

thanks,
   john

--On Sunday, July 12, 2020 10:46 -0400 Richard Barnes