Re: [Internetgovtech] draft-iab-iana-framework-02 (was Re: IANA changes

Jefsey <jefsey@jefsey.com> Mon, 07 April 2014 01:10 UTC

Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 00:49:58 +0200
To: Abdussalam Baryun <abdussalambaryun@gmail.com>
From: Jefsey <jefsey@jefsey.com>
Cc: agora@dnsa.org, "internetgovtech@iab.org" <internetgovtech@iab.org>, "iucg@ietf.org" <iucg@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Internetgovtech] draft-iab-iana-framework-02 (was Re: IANA changes

At 11:04 06/04/2014, Abdussalam Baryun wrote:
>I agree, however, the problem is that ICANN and NTIA don't realise
>what is happening in the world. The future is to people, the new
>generation will change that all. The history of governments in
>control of internet is no longer present. The NTIA realised its
>failures but still trying more hard to keep some available
>opportunity which I don't blame them. I think your proposal is ok
>but may not be practical now, we need first to have the transition.
>Then in future more transitions will happen to get to your proposal.

Abdussalam,
This IETF (copy to IUCG). No need for ICANN blahblah. Decision is by
running code (IETF) and living mode (IUCG). The aim is to concert,
develop, experiment and report.

IMHO (1) NTIA just got bored with a13 years late ICANN (their FAQ
states: ""NTIA's role was always meant to be a temporary and
transitional role only with the goal of completing the transition by
2000.". Yes, 2000! (2) they do not expect anything by ICANN or any
other one, just for something (singular or plural) to emerge that suits people.

I am only my own VGN (virtual global network) Master and all I try to
do is to protect my interests: in spite of the-good will of so many
architects, engineers, politicians, industrial and business leaders,
banks, civil society, academics, I am dumb stubborn as I wish to
eventually self-determine (this is the definition of the multitude
fellows). If what we, VGN, hosts, site, and access masters (i.e.
IUsers) try to build for ourselves suits others IUsers all the
better. We do not need transition, just to better organize ourselves
now we know that the NTIA agreed our plea: to get rid of the NTIACANNA.

If we organize together, we may have a chance the solution works for more.

Best
jfc