Re: [Internetgovtech] draft-iab-iana-framework-02 (was Re: IANA changes

Jefsey <jefsey@jefsey.com> Wed, 02 April 2014 18:00 UTC

Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2014 20:00:22 +0200
To: Olaf Kolkman <olaf@NLnetLabs.nl>, Abdussalam Baryun <abdussalambaryun@gmail.com>
From: Jefsey <jefsey@jefsey.com>
Cc: "internetgovtech@iab.org" <internetgovtech@iab.org>
Subject: Re: [Internetgovtech] draft-iab-iana-framework-02 (was Re: IANA changes

At 10:29 02/04/2014, Olaf Kolkman wrote:
>On 2 apr. 2014, at 07:28, Abdussalam Baryun
><<mailto:abdussalambaryun@gmail.com>abdussalambaryun@gmail.com> wrote:
>In all honesty, with this document I've have shifted between forward
>thinking and setting a baseline for discussion, currently the
>document is more about the latter.
>>
>>I will review the draft and comment here, hope that is related to
>>list purpose. Thanks.
>Yes, it is related to the list. Thanks for willing to spend cycles.

Olaf,

one of the concern that is alluded to in Abdussalam's mail is the
difficulty to understand where (and therefore what) is the action and
target, with so many lists. The IETF is an ISOC affiliate. ISOC has a
list called "IANAxfer". I think we would need to know if one of the
options that is investigated is the transfer back/consolidation of
the IANA as an ISOC affiliate. I do not advocate it, but I
acknowledge that the ISOC consistency and legitimacy in terms of
international trust are probably better than ICANN.

Also, on a (different?) issue, if you consider the Contributors and
Acknowledgemetns list, I do not note any citizen from the countries
which have signed the WCIT. My understanding is that, the WCIT
disagreement being over the internet, the NTIA move is a step toward
a compromise acceptable on both sides. Any reach out idea into that
direction? I ask myself if that issue is really different because
ISOC has national chapters, i.e. IETF has direct colleagues on both "sides".

Best
jfc