Re: “DHCPv6, SLAAC, Static Day X - 17 year interoperability issue” 2nd issue

"Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com> Tue, 10 November 2020 01:06 UTC

Subject: Re: “DHCPv6, SLAAC, Static Day X - 17 year interoperability issue” 2nd issue
To: Gyan Mishra <hayabusagsm@gmail.com>, draft-mishra-6man-variable-slaac@ietf.org, 6man WG <ipv6@ietf.org>
From: "Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2020 20:06:13 -0500

You say "In deployment cases where you would like to deploy longer
prefix length subnets".
What problem are you facing that requires longer subnets?  I understand
that problems that have been raised that require delegation.  That is
not tied to longer or shorter, and I think is better addressed by
shorter prefix lengths.

Is there some other problem you face that leads to needing longer prefix
lengths?

Yours,
Joel