RE: 6MAN Agenda for IETF86

"Hosnieh Rafiee" <ietf@rozanak.com> Tue, 05 March 2013 21:02 UTC

From: Hosnieh Rafiee <ietf@rozanak.com>
To: 'Mark Smith' <markzzzsmith@yahoo.com.au>
Subject: RE: 6MAN Agenda for IETF86
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 22:01:58 +0100
Cc: ipv6@ietf.org

Dear Mark,

>I'm curious what the specific problem with SEND is. Is it the lack of
commonly available implementations, or the manual work to bootstrap it (IIRC
that is required), or both? The IETF obviously can't >solve the former. If
it is the latter, I wonder if the "Better-Than-Nothing" model, used for
IPsec in RFC5386, could be applied to SEND?

One problem with SEND is that the time it takes for the CGA algorithm
generation is not fast enough for IP address generation and more importantly
the verification process using CGA is not fast enough either. A second
problem concerns the Public Key Infrastructure.
For the first problem, I offered the use of SSAS which is faster. For the
second problem I have another solution, but first I need to check some of
the other new RFCs about Certification and  I will do this before the IETF
meeting so that I can also include it in my draft.

Thank you,
Hosnieh