Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-davies-int-historic-04.txt> (Deprecating infrastructure "int" domains) to Informational RFC

Toerless Eckert <tte@cs.fau.de> Wed, 19 October 2022 23:04 UTC

Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 01:04:39 +0200
From: Toerless Eckert <tte@cs.fau.de>
To: Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com>
Cc: last-call@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-davies-int-historic-04.txt> (Deprecating infrastructure "int" domains) to Informational RFC

Well, i thought that .int was to be passed to some internet registry, which would
have made it probably more ICANN business as to what to do with it, but even then i am
not sure if we should not / could not seed it appropriately.

But one response i saw was that it would be kepy at IANA, which AFAIK would make the
seeding even more an (immutable without RFC) job of the IETF. Right ?

IMHO: Whether or not to allow reuse of such historic special domain names IMHO should certainly
a conscious choice on our side.

Cheers
    Toerless