Re: [NGO] external module properties

"David Harrington" <ietfdbh@comcast.net> Tue, 29 April 2008 15:30 UTC

From: David Harrington <ietfdbh@comcast.net>
To: 'Wes Hardaker' <wjhns1@hardakers.net>, 'Andy Bierman' <ietf@andybierman.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:30:32 -0400
Cc: 'NETCONF Goes On' <ngo@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [NGO] external module properties
Sender: ngo-bounces@ietf.org

Hi,

So there are two questions to answer that might require different
solutions.
1) are these two versions the same or different?
2) which is newer?

The first is simply a "do the verson identifier match?"
The second requires a standard progression mechanism, such as rev1.2
vs. rev2.1 or a standardized format for the revision date. And if you
are going to compare strings, then we need to pay attention to
character sets, etc.

Which use cases are we trying to address?

dbh

Lets