Re: [nvo3] Draft NVO3 WG Charter

<david.black@emc.com> Fri, 17 February 2012 16:04 UTC

From: david.black@emc.com
To: jdrake@juniper.net, narten@us.ibm.com, nvo3@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 11:04:11 -0500
acceptlanguage: en-US
x-mimectl: Produced By Microsoft Exchange V8.3.105.0
Cc: rbonica@juniper.net, nitinb@juniper.net, afarrel@juniper.net
Subject: Re: [nvo3] Draft NVO3 WG Charter

John,

> This basically is a re-statement of what is done by L3/L2 VPNs.  It'
> might be useful to do a gap analysis of these existing technologies,
> in particular E-VPNs (http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-raggarwa-sajassi-l2vpn-evpn-04),
> before asserting that something new is required.
BGP and MPLS are non-starters for a lot of datacenter-internal networks.
Some of the more important NVO deployment scenarios involve map-and-encap
in a hypervisor software network switch.

Thanks,
--David
David L. Black, Distinguished Engineer
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
david.black@emc.com<mailto:david.black@emc.com>        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754