Re: FW: OSPF WG Charter Proposal

"Manral, Vishwas" <VishwasM@NETPLANE.COM> Wed, 30 October 2002 13:17 UTC

Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 08:22:07 -0500
From: "Manral, Vishwas" <VishwasM@NETPLANE.COM>
Subject: Re: FW: OSPF WG Charter Proposal
To: OSPF@DISCUSS.MICROSOFT.COM

Hi Rohit,

I was part of the "others" that Don mentioned in his other mail.

Jeff P. correct me(I may have interpreted it wrongly), but I think we chose
the TLV approach in ISIS as we could have probs because of "small SNMP
buffer size and the lack of a defined way to fragment payload". In short an
SNMP agent may not be able to fulfill the request for an LSP of large
size(255 bytes??). In OSPF we anyway send the entire LSA as OCTET string.

If we are not interpreting the TLV's, we could as well send the entire LSA
itself as OCTET string. An OSPF-v2 TE LSA by the way would contain just one
top-level TLV anyway. We could have a seperate table for TE LSA's though in
this case.

Thanks,
Vishwas