Re: [sfc] Framework

"Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com> Thu, 13 February 2014 19:51 UTC

Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 14:51:37 -0500
From: "Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com>
To: Jerome Moisand <jmoisand@juniper.net>, "sfc@ietf.org" <sfc@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sfc] Framework

I know very well what GTP does in terms of correlators, and why.
If all you need is an identifier for the subscriber, carrying a short
identifier, and using it to select the desired behavior that has been
pre-populated when the subscribers session starts works really well.
That is part of why I am not objecting to having provision for
out-of-band metadata.

However, claiming that a single such correlator is all that is needed
for even 80% of SFC cases (and I very much supporting trying to focus on
the 80% cases), just does not seem to work, given the broad range of
requirements that we have seen.

Yours,
Joel