Re: [sfc] The SFC WG has placed draft-wang-sfc-multi-layer-oaminstate"Candidate for WG Adoption"

<xiao.min2@zte.com.cn> Sat, 27 October 2018 03:39 UTC

Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2018 11:39:41 +0800
From: xiao.min2@zte.com.cn
To: cpignata@cisco.com
Cc: sfc-chairs@ietf.org, draft-wang-sfc-multi-layer-oam@ietf.org, sfc@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [sfc] The SFC WG has placed draft-wang-sfc-multi-layer-oaminstate"Candidate for WG Adoption"

Hi Carlos,

Actually I appreciate the discussion initiated by you, even after the deadline, some of my points are as follow:

1. To the adoption process, I have a different view. I don't think an adopted framework document means something like golden rule, as the chair Joel has indicated in his response "If there are mismatches between this and the adopted working group document, it will be up to the working group to resolve them."

2. To the question whether we need a new protocol for SFC active OAM, my answer is yes, as to whether the new protocol models after MPLS LSP Ping or not, I personally don't care about it.

3. I agree to your point that this draft should mention IOAM. I'd like to see more coorperation, even if compitition always exists.

Best Regards,

Xiao Min

原始邮件