Re: [sipcore] About Join and Replaces Headers: //Replaces header's extension

Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com> Fri, 08 October 2010 02:37 UTC

Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 22:38:14 -0400
From: Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com>
To: gao.yang2@zte.com.cn
Cc: sipcore@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [sipcore] About Join and Replaces Headers: //Replaces header's extension

Gao,

I still don't understand one aspect here:

Is this a case of
- a smart device with a limited display wanting to bring in
   a dumb device with a good display into an existing call?

- a smart device with a good diplay wanting to inject its
   capabilities into an existing call preempting a dumb
   device with limited capabilities?

- something else?

If its a smart device with limited display capabilities, I think it can
just use 3pcc to control the device with the good display, as a slave
media server to itself. In that case I think there are no unsolved issues.

	Thanks,
	Paul