Re: [sipcore] About Join and Replaces Headers: //Replaces header's extension

gao.yang2@zte.com.cn Thu, 07 October 2010 16:40 UTC

To: Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com>
From: gao.yang2@zte.com.cn
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 00:39:05 +0800
Cc: "Worley, Dale R (Dale)" <dworley@avaya.com>, "sipcore@ietf.org" <sipcore@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sipcore] About Join and Replaces Headers: //Replaces header's extension

Paul,

Currently, I have more than ways to solve this problem(the Replaces
header's extension is just one choice). But no matter how to arrange the
signalling flows, the key issue here is show the "replace" semantics and
relationship between the replacing vedio stream(the new one) and the
replaced vedio stream(the original one).

And IMO, this "replace" semantics is not exist in any current defined SIP
features, even the Replaces header. I think we might talk about this
background first. That is, no matter how we solve it, whether we need any
kind of *new features* to solve this use case.

Thanks,

Gao

 Zip    : 210012
 Tel    : 87211