Re: [Slim] I-D Action: draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language-10.txt

Gunnar Hellström <gunnar.hellstrom@omnitor.se> Tue, 30 May 2017 20:51 UTC

To: slim@ietf.org
From: Gunnar Hellström <gunnar.hellstrom@omnitor.se>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 22:51:16 +0200
Subject: Re: [Slim] I-D Action: draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language-10.txt

Randall,

good to see progress.

I have a few edit proposals:

---Change 1---

Last two lines of 1. Introduction

When the draft is ready, it is no draft anymore. Plus divide the aspects
in two sentences.

----old text---

    To reduce the complexity of the solution, this draft focuses on
    negotiating language per media; routing is out of scope.

---New text---

    To keep the complexity of the solution low, this document focuses on
    negotiating language per media. Routing aspects are out of scope.

-- end of change 1. ----

---Change 2 --

Last lines of 5.2

We must be clear about that the result normally is alternative languages to use, normally not simultaneously. Without this clarification, we are not better than the old SDP lang attribute.

---Old text ---
    Note that media and language negotiation might result in more media
    streams being accepted than are needed by the users (e.g., if more
    preferred and less preferred combinations of media and language are
    all accepted).  This is not a problem.

---New text ----
    Without any further indications of preferences or requirements for simultaneity, the language indications should be seen as alternatives to select from. Media and language negotiation might result in more media streams and languages being accepted than are needed by the users
  (e.g., if more preferred and less preferred combinations of media and language are
    all accepted).

---End of change 2 ---

---Change 3---

In 5.3

sharpen up the description on how to use the asterisk. The current
description confused most reviewers.

---old text----

    The mechanism for indicating this preference is that, in an offer, if
    the last value of either 'hlang-recv' or 'hlang-send' is an asterisk,
    this indicates a request to not fail the call.

---new text---
    The mechanism for indicating this preference is that, in an offer, if
    the last parameter of any 'hlang-recv' or 'hlang-send' value in the whole SDP
    is an asterisk, this indicates a request to not fail the call.

---end of change 3---

----Change 4---

In 5.5,

Some example shows use of sign language one way and text the other.

---Old text----

Note that, even though the examples all show the same language

--New text----
Note that, even though most examples show the same language

---End of change 4----

----Change 5-----

In 6.1.

SDP values are UTF-8 coded, not ASCII.

---Old text---

       asterisk    =  "*"   ; an asterisk (ASCII %2A) character

       sp          =  1*" " ; one or more ASCII space (%20) characters

---New text---

       asterisk    =  "*"   ; an asterisk (%x2A) character

       SP          =  1*" " ; one or more space (%x20) characters

--End of change 5 ----

--

Regards
Gunnar