Re: [Slim] New wording for the use of the asterisk in draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language

Gunnar Hellström <gunnar.hellstrom@omnitor.se> Wed, 31 May 2017 19:31 UTC

To: Randall Gellens <rg+ietf@randy.pensive.org>, slim@ietf.org
From: Gunnar Hellström <gunnar.hellstrom@omnitor.se>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 21:31:22 +0200
Subject: Re: [Slim] New wording for the use of the asterisk in draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language

Den 2017-05-31 kl. 15:58, skrev Randall Gellens:
> This text should go in a separate document containing advice to
> implementers.
It adds an even better motivation than my earlier proposals for having
the asterisk as a parameter on media level,
and it adds a mild recommendation about the preference between media
that we need to make the draft useful in reality. Therefore I suggest to
accept it into the current draft.  ( if issue #34 is rejected )

Without this change, the confusion about the placement of the asterisk
and the question why the asterisk is a media parameter is still valid.

Regards
Gunnar