[spfbis] Draft adopted (was: Call for adoption: draft-kitterman-4408bis)

Andrew Sullivan <ajs@anvilwalrusden.com> Mon, 18 June 2012 21:23 UTC

Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 17:23:37 -0400
From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs@anvilwalrusden.com>
To: spfbis@ietf.org
Subject: [spfbis] Draft adopted (was: Call for adoption: draft-kitterman-4408bis)

Dear colleagues,

> We would like the working group to consider adopting
> draft-kitterman-4408bis as the basis for such a specification.  As the
> charter explicitly mentions that draft as a possible basis for work,
> it is the presumptive candidate for adoption.
>
> If you have any objections against adoption of the draft please send
> them to the mailing list before 18 June.

Nobody objected.  The draft is hereby adopted.

Scott Kitterman is appointed as editor of the WG document.  Scott, the
next version of the draft gets the filename
draft-ietf-spfbis-rfc4408bis-00.txt (and any xml or such like if you
wish).  Participants, in the meantime the draft-kitterman-4408bis-01
draft is in the datatracker as having been adopted.  Please read it.

As many of you know, there are open issues in WG's trac.  We will be
pulling them up.  In the meantime, if there are particular issues you
think are directly relevant for the draft, it would do no harm to add
the references to the trac tickets.  If you have new issues that
haven't been described yet, please describe them on the list.

The -experiment- process was, despite some frustration over the pace,
actually fairly successful I think, and so we're going to take a
similar approach here.  We're going to start by describing issues
first.  Therefore, I'd appreciate it if people took the next week to
describe any issues they have _without engaging in debate_ over the
issues.  Then we can prioritise issues and bring them to the list in
manageable chunks.  This will not be as simple as the case of
-experiment- because there are protocol issues at stake, but your
chairs think we can focus discussion this way and come to some
conclusions successfully.

Best regards,

Andrew (for the chairs)

--