Re: [TLS] What would make TLS cryptographically better for TLS 1.3

Santosh Chokhani <SChokhani@cygnacom.com> Tue, 05 November 2013 18:00 UTC

From: Santosh Chokhani <SChokhani@cygnacom.com>
To: Dan Harkins <dharkins@lounge.org>, Ralf Skyper Kaiser <skyper@thc.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 17:59:18 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.60.24.90]
Cc: "tls@ietf.org" <tls@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [TLS] What would make TLS cryptographically better for TLS 1.3

I am failing to see the security benefit or threat the server verification of client's hygiene on certification path validation provides.

If the client ends up trusting the wrong key, it will go to a bad server.

If the client is connected to the good server, certification path validation does not matter since it is already at the right place no matter how it got there.