Re: [xrblock] WGLC - draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-decodability-02

"Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com> Thu, 13 December 2012 14:06 UTC

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com>
To: "xrblock@ietf.org" <xrblock@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 14:05:51 +0000
x-originating-ip: [135.64.58.46]
Subject: Re: [xrblock] WGLC - draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-decodability-02

Hi,

I have a few comments concerning this I-D:

1. This document relies on ETSI work. Should we not send it to ETSI for review? Is the group were TR 101 290 developped still active?

2. In the definition of the Reserved field:

>     This field is reserved for future definition.  In the absence of
      such a definition, the bits in this field MUST be set to zero and
      SHOULD be ignored by the receiver.

Why is the behavior of the receiver defined as a SHOULD and not a MUST?

3. In the definition of the block length field:

>     The constant 11, in accordance with the definition of this field
      in Section 3 of RFC 3611.

What is the definition of the receiver if a value other than 11 is received?

4. For all count fields starting with TS_sync_loss_count - there is no definition or reference about what each metric means, and how the measurments or computation of the values are to be performed. Please provide this information for each field, I guess references to the respective sections in TR 101 290 would be fine.

5. Usage of acronyms (excepting very obvious ones) is discouraged in the title of the documents. Please expand TS - Transport Stream in the title

6. Typo to fix in section 3: s/implentations/implementations/

Regards,

Dan