Re: [yaco-liaison-tool] Acceptance?

Alexa Morris <amorris@amsl.com> Wed, 13 October 2010 15:25 UTC

From: Alexa Morris <amorris@amsl.com>
To: Emilio Sanchez <esanchez@yaco.es>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 08:26:37 -0700
Cc: yaco-liaison-tool@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [yaco-liaison-tool] Acceptance?

See inline:

On Oct 13, 2010, at 12:44 AM, Emilio Sanchez wrote:

> 3.  When you enter an outgoing liaison statement it doesn't seem to
> show up in the liaison list once it is submitted.  However, if you
> attempt to submit the same liaison a second time it says that a
> liaison of that name has already been submitted.
>

>      When you send an outgoing liaison you have to mark that you
> have prior approval to send it. There is a checkbox to do this.
> Probably you didn't check it so the liaison is not public until
> someone approves it. The person who can approve the liaison depends
> on who you select the liaison comes from (If the liaison comes from
> a WG then the Area director can approve, if it comes from the IETF
> then the IETF chair should approve it.
>
>      If you check that checkbox when creating the liaison then is
> supposed you have obtained prior approval so the liaison will go
> public without any other user interaction.

This is very helpful, thanks! What should we do if we forget to click
"obtained prior approval"? Would it be possible (or desirable?) to get
a "you have not indicated that you have prior approval to post this
liaison. If you do not, please obtain approval before proceeding" or
some such warning? Otherwise it seems that it: 1) people may be
confused about what step to take next or 2) the liaison may not get
posted, without the person quite realizing it that they failed to post
it correctly.