Re: [aqm] Who supports tsvwg adoption of adding ECN to L2 or tunnel protocols?

Bob Briscoe <bob.briscoe@bt.com> Tue, 05 November 2013 18:59 UTC

Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 18:59:18 +0000
To: Joe Touch <touch@isi.edu>
From: Bob Briscoe <bob.briscoe@bt.com>
Cc: aqm@ietf.org, tsvwg IETF list <tsvwg@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [aqm] Who supports tsvwg adoption of adding ECN to L2 or tunnel protocols?

Joe,

I envisage that a very brief standards track doc that explicitly
UPDATES the relevant IETF tunnel specs will be written, and it will
refer to this doc for rationale.

See Appendix A (outstanding items), which I have also highlighted
when presenting each time:

    2.  Consider whether an IETF Standard Track doc will be needed to
        Update the IP-in-IP protocols listed in Section 4.1--at least
        those that the IETF controls--and which Area it should sit under.

Does that address your concern?

Bob