Re: [aqm] AQM schemes: Queue length vs. delay based

"Scheffenegger, Richard" <rs@netapp.com> Mon, 18 November 2013 12:44 UTC

From: "Scheffenegger, Richard" <rs@netapp.com>
To: Michael Welzl <michawe@ifi.uio.no>, "Rong Pan (ropan)" <ropan@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 12:44:41 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.106.53.53]
Cc: Naeem Khademi <naeem.khademi@gmail.com>, Preethi Natarajan <preethi.cis@gmail.com>, "aqm@ietf.org" <aqm@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [aqm] AQM schemes: Queue length vs. delay based

[chair hat off]

Hi Michael,

> Maybe we disagree about the goals... why would you want to allow a burst on an already congested link?

How do you define congested link?

You will want to be burst-tolerant on a link running at full capacity - but is such a link already congested?

In any case, defining a scenario that would lead to excessive buffering delay in the drop-tail case, and comparing this for various AQMs should be documented.

Richard Scheffenegger