Re: [BEHAVE] Call for WG adoption of several documents

<teemu.savolainen@nokia.com> Mon, 14 February 2011 20:40 UTC

From: teemu.savolainen@nokia.com
To: brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com, dthaler@microsoft.com
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 20:39:37 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.162.78.181]
Cc: behave@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [BEHAVE] Call for WG adoption of several documents

Hi,

We have set of explicit solution drafts out there, e.g. but not limited:
draft-korhonen-edns0-synthesis-flag-01
draft-savolainen-heuristic-nat64-discovery-00

The purpose of the draft-korhonen-behave-nat64-learn-analysis has been to compare various solutions and propose next steps.

In my opinion we might want to include content from draft-wing-behave-dns64-config to draft-korhonen-behave-nat64-learn-analysis, agree what is the best solution, write down the decision, and then also adopt some of the solutions.

It would be good to have the discussions now to progress before Prague.

My personal opinion, probably quite unsurprisingly, is that the "DNS Query for a Well-Known Name" (we will soon post update to draft-savolainen-heuristic-nat64-discovery that contains some updates learnt in discussions, like DNSSEC considerations) should be one and then additionally we might need an explicit solution as well (e.g. draft-korhonen-edns0-synthesis-flag).

Best regards,

Teemu