Re: [dtn-interest] Question

jzinky <jzinky@bbn.com> Sun, 24 February 2013 23:57 UTC

From: jzinky <jzinky@bbn.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 18:57:35 -0500
To: Emmanuel Lochin <emmanuel.lochin@isae.fr>
Cc: Dubois Emmanuel <emmanuel.dubois@cnes.fr>, dtn-interest@irtf.org
Subject: Re: [dtn-interest] Question

Emmanuel,
I think that the Tetrys algorithm could be implemented on top of the Erasure Coding Extension internet draft.
  http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-irtf-dtnrg-zinky-erasure-coding-extension-00.txt

I would be interested to see what parameters Tetrys needs to add to the Bundle header for sending source bundles and repair bundles. Also, the headers for the Selective acknowledgement (SACK) bundles.

If  Tetrys can use the GF(2) field, then the Random Binary FEC scheme can be used to encode the coefficients using the Windowed Binary Array: FEC Scheme Type = 3.

If Tetrys uses a higher field you would need to define a new FEC Scheme Type and Parameters. It looks like these parameters would include the pseudo-random number generator seed and the range of coefficient indexes.

It is interesting that Tetyrs needs SACK feedback messages. These have not been defined in the Erasure Coding Extension. Did you use administrative bundles and store the SACK parameters in an extension block or did you just create a new new bundle type and store the parameters in the payload?

Do you see any fields that are missing in the Erasure Coding Extension.
For example, how to you signal that the stream is terminated?
and how do you pad the last bundle?