Re: [Emu] Potential Notes in EAP-FAST Documents

"Glen Zorn" <glenzorn@comcast.net> Thu, 05 February 2009 11:04 UTC

From: Glen Zorn <glenzorn@comcast.net>
To: Pasi.Eronen@nokia.com
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 18:02:53 +0700
Cc: emu@ietf.org, iesg@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Emu] Potential Notes in EAP-FAST Documents

Pasi Eronen (pasi.eronen@nokia.com) writes:

I would like to remind everyone that these documents did go through
IETF Last Call, and have already been approved by IESG.

Given the quality of the documents in question, perhaps that's not something
that you should be bragging about.

If folks are opposed to publishing descriptions of deployed EAP method
when they're less than perfect (or even ugly hacks with bad architecture),

and may not offer perfect security in all circumstances (but accurately

document their limitations), they should have said so much earlier.

No offense, but I'm getting the real feeling that you're just not paying
much attention.  The major problems I've heard WRT publication as-is have to
do with the misuse of IANA registries, not ugly hacks or "imperfect
security".

(In hindsight, publishing these via the RFC Editor independent submission

route, and including the vendor's name in the document title, might

have been better idea. Since the intent was to describe what existing

implementations do, the IETF does not realistically have much change

control...)

Publishing them as individual submissions would have been a better idea I
don't see how that would solve the IANA problem.

Best regards,
Pasi

  _____