Re: [Emu] Potential Notes in EAP-FAST Documents

"Dan Harkins" <dharkins@lounge.org> Thu, 05 February 2009 09:03 UTC

Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 01:02:56 -0800
From: Dan Harkins <dharkins@lounge.org>
To: Pasi.Eronen@nokia.com
Cc: emu@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Emu] Potential Notes in EAP-FAST Documents

  If the IESG doesn't want to hear opinions then maybe it shouldn't ask.
Since it did (this thread started with a post from "the IESG") then
it should listen to the opinions it solicited. With all due respect,
don't shut off this discussion with a "reminder" that these documents
went through IETF Last Call.

  The track of proposed publication really has nothing to do with my
comments (I can't comment on other people's comments). It is the content
of the documents, the haphazard manner in which they were constructed,
the disregard for standard ways of doing things they attempt to do,
and the blatant arrogance of the IANA considerations that really chaps
my hide.

  Can I instruct IANA to assign management of numbers in a newly created
registry to "The Daniel Harkins Trust"? No, probably not. I would expect
that  would generate lots of protests. And justifiably so. So let me ask
you (as a member of the IESG), why do you think it's OK to cede parts of
IANA's authority to Cisco Systems, Incorporated?

  Dan.