Re: Proposed Experiment: More Meeting Time on Friday for IETF 73

John C Klensin <john+ietf@jck.com> Mon, 21 July 2008 16:33 UTC

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 15:44:20 -0400
From: John C Klensin <john+ietf@jck.com>
To: Keith Moore <moore@network-heretics.com>
Subject: Re: Proposed Experiment: More Meeting Time on Friday for IETF 73
Cc: IETF Chair <chair@ietf.org>, iesg@iesg.org, IETF Announcement list <ietf-announce@ietf.org>, ietf@ietf.org
Sender: ietf-bounces@ietf.org

Given the relatively important meetings that tend to occur on
Saturday and Sunday before the main IETF meeting, the Sunday
tutorials, this would probably not let nearly enough people show
up Monday afternoon (for Tuesday meetings) to be worth it.  Now,
if one adopted your suggestion but but the "overview session" on
the previous Friday, that would be a different matter... except
that the people for whom those sessions would be most important
would not come.

     john

--On Friday, 18 July, 2008 14:28 -0400 Keith Moore