RE: clarification of blanket statement text

"Robert Barr " <rbarr@cisco.com> Mon, 21 February 2005 23:20 UTC

From: Robert Barr <rbarr@cisco.com>
To: 'Powers Chuck-RXCP20' <Chuck.Powers@motorola.com>, "'Contreras, Jorge'" <Jorge.Contreras@wilmerhale.com>, 'Harald Tveit Alvestrand' <harald@alvestrand.no>, "'George T. Willingmyre'" <gtw@gtwassociates.com>, 'Scott W Brim' <sbrim@cisco.com>, ipr-wg@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:39:22 -0800
Subject: RE: clarification of blanket statement text
Sender: ipr-wg-bounces@ietf.org

I think the question is whether  a WG or implementers were under the
mistaken impression that a standard was unencumbered when it actually was. I
cant answer that.
Regardless, such statements submitted before 3668 are no longer effective as
a substitute for specific statements relating to an Idraft, so if those
statements remain posted this should be noted.