[Mipshop] Re: Gauging interest in official WG adoption of internet drafts

gabriel montenegro <gabriel_montenegro_2000@yahoo.com> Tue, 11 April 2006 14:48 UTC

Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 07:48:46 -0700
From: gabriel montenegro <gabriel_montenegro_2000@yahoo.com>
To: mipshop@ietf.org
Subject: [Mipshop] Re: Gauging interest in official WG adoption of internet drafts

Folks,

Thanks for the comments and participation in this discussion. In general,
there was good support for adoption of the proposed documents, but it seems
that for the security-related drafts, there were negative comments
and discussion than for the others.

It was also suggested that a mobility directorate review would be a good
thing. This is actually a common practice predating this discussion: new
drafts being adopted by "mobility" working groups are requested for review
by mobdir. So we will request that review for all our adopted drafts.
However, we feel that given the comments on the security
drafts, we would like to have reviews for those drafts before actual adoption.

In short, the drafts we're adopting right now are:

   draft-ietf-mipshop-fmipv6-rev-XX.txt
   based on draft-koodli-mipshop-rfc4068bis-00.txt

   draft-ietf-mipshop-fh80216e-XX.txt
   based on draft-jang-mipshop-fh80216e-02.txt

   draft-ietf-mipshop-3gfh-XX.txt
   based on draft-yokota-mipshop-3gfh-02.txt

Next versions of the above drafts should adopt the official name shown above.

The drafts whose adoption is pending a mobility directorate review are:

   draft-ietf-mipshop-handover-keys-aaa-XX.txt
   based on  draft-vidya-mipshop-handover-keys-aaa-01.txt

   draft-ietf-mipshop-handover-key-send-XX.txt
   based on draft-kempf-mobopts-handover-key-01.txt (currently expired)

   draft-ietf-mipshop-cga-cba-XX.txt
   based on draft-arkko-mipshop-cga-cba-03.txt

Again, we will request review of all the above by mobdir.

-chairs