Re: [mpls-tp] Comments on draft-fbb-mpls-tp-data-plane-00: ~ECMP => ~ETH aggregation?

<benjamin.niven-jenkins@bt.com> Fri, 05 March 2010 09:14 UTC

From: benjamin.niven-jenkins@bt.com
To: Alexander.Vainshtein@ecitele.com, adrian@olddog.co.uk, RCosta@ptinovacao.pt
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 09:14:47 +0000
user-agent: Microsoft-Entourage/13.3.0.091002
acceptlanguage: en-US, en-GB
Cc: mpls-tp@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [mpls-tp] Comments on draft-fbb-mpls-tp-data-plane-00: ~ECMP => ~ETH aggregation?

None of this is LAG specific the problem space is broadly the same for all
server layer links that employ inverse multiplexing to offer higher
bandwidth than a single link in the server layer is capable of supporting.

I don't think we want to get bogged down in the details but just note that
server layer paths may in reality be composed of multiple links presented to
MPLS-TP as a single server layer path and that special care is required when
designing for such scenarios.

Ben