Re: [mpls-tp] Comments on draft-fbb-mpls-tp-data-plane-00: ~ECMP => ~ETH aggregation?

Stewart Bryant <stbryant@cisco.com> Wed, 10 March 2010 14:41 UTC

Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:41:37 +0000
From: Stewart Bryant <stbryant@cisco.com>
To: curtis@occnc.com
Cc: Rui Costa <RCosta@ptinovacao.pt>, "mpls-tp@ietf.org" <mpls-tp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [mpls-tp] Comments on draft-fbb-mpls-tp-data-plane-00: ~ECMP => ~ETH aggregation?

Curtis

Whilst operation over link bundles is an important issue, it will take
some time to fully understand the implications and design a solution.

In the interests of completing our committed deliverables to the ITU-T
in a timely manner, can I propose that we continue to exclude them from
the current MPLS-TP drafts.  Can I also propose that in the meanwhile,
you or others that wish to pursue technology to support link bundles,
publish drafts which update the MPLS-TP specifications and describe the
necessary requirements and technical solutions to address this problem.

- Stewart

--
For corporate legal information go to: