Re: [mpls-tp] Comments on draft-fbb-mpls-tp-data-plane-00: ~ECMP => ~ETH aggregation?

David Allan I <david.i.allan@ericsson.com> Mon, 08 March 2010 10:42 UTC

From: David Allan I <david.i.allan@ericsson.com>
To: "curtis@occnc.com" <curtis@occnc.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 05:42:48 -0500
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "mpls-tp@ietf.org" <mpls-tp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [mpls-tp] Comments on draft-fbb-mpls-tp-data-plane-00: ~ECMP => ~ETH aggregation?

Hi Curtis:

I agree than in the absence of snooping of ACH TLVs an entropy label is the only other alternative to add entropy specifically to OAM flows.

However if you assume labels are the only input into entropy, you have a problem in that a LAG would then decouple the OAM from the flow it is to fate share with simply because of the existence of the GAL. Adding an entropy label would only muddy the waters further...

Something would think a LAG broke if it broke, but somewhat unlikely the right thing would know...OTOH that would be the status quo anyway...with or without...

Hmmmm