Re: [mpls-tp] Comments on draft-fbb-mpls-tp-data-plane-00: ~ECMP => ~ETH aggregation?

David Allan I <david.i.allan@ericsson.com> Fri, 05 March 2010 13:13 UTC

From: David Allan I <david.i.allan@ericsson.com>
To: "curtis@occnc.com" <curtis@occnc.com>, Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 08:13:01 -0500
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: Rui Costa <RCosta@ptinovacao.pt>, "mpls-tp@ietf.org" <mpls-tp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [mpls-tp] Comments on draft-fbb-mpls-tp-data-plane-00: ~ECMP => ~ETH aggregation?

HI Curtis:

Entropy and OAM is a bit of a flashback....

I agree that in a perfect world that adding it would be trivial and useful....

However for a GAL/GACH encapsulated packet, adding entropy is a huge change exclusively for the OAM system, n'est pas? It would have to go after the MEP ID TLVs for randomization...not exactly a desirable plan..

Hmmm